Sunday 1 July 2012

Yummy Mummy?!

I am fully aware of the fact that it's been an age since I last blogged. I've fallen out of the habit. I could put hundreds of excuses here, and follow that up with promises to myself about getting back into the habit but really, what's the point?! So I'm just going to jump right back in...

The lovely Leanne recently blogged a series of questions along the lines of motherhood, and I love little questionnaires so I'm joining in:

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
I usually try to roll over & go back to sleep! Failing that I go and get my little boy (or hubby does) and he gets into bed with us for snuggles, my favourite time of day!

Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or evening bath type?
Morning for me. I let my hair dry naturally 99.9% of the time, and I hate going to bed with wet hair, so it has to be morning! On a work day it's before hubby leaves so we take it in turns in the bathroom while the other looks after the little one, but on non work days I'm usually joined in the bathroom by my 1 year old who sits & looks at books or play with cars while I get ready!

Do you wear make up daily?
No. I very rarely wear make up, even though I love looking at it / buying it!

Whats in your make up bag?
Benefit foundation, Estée Lauder mascara, eyeshadows from Avon, No 7 & Estée Lauder, touché éclat, plus a whole variety of lipsticks, glosses and sheens!

When your having a slummy Mummy day what do you normally wear?
I don't do "leisure wear" unless I'm pretty ill, so I tend to wear my normal clothes which is usually jeans and a pretty top. I have a couple of hoodies that come out for home days, which my husband refers to as my "old friends"!

Nails – how often do you get them done?
I have a confession...I bite my nails still. They look horrid. This is not something I like about myself! In fact it's my sister's wedding next week so I am having acrylics applied this week, after which I intend to have Shellac or similar in order to grow them out & keep them looking nice!

Your top tip for tired eyes?
I wish I knew! My eyes always look tired!

How many children do you have/want & why?
We have one gorgeous son Benjamin, who is one and a half now. I am one of two children and my hubby is one of three. I would love three children and he'd love two. I think we'll agree on three lol, that is if we are lucky enough to have more children.

Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children’s clothes?
I love brights for my boy, and Next always come up trumps, along with Boots and Mothercare. Sainsburys have also been fantastic recently, I find myself eyeing up every item in their boys collections - such fun designs!

Flats or heels everyday shoes?
It has to be flats for comfort really, but I do love low heels too, and I have the odd pair of skyscrapers that come out for special occasions!

So there you have it...am I a "yummy mummy"? No probably not, but I'm comfortable and I don't spend hundreds of hours or pounds on looking "just right" whatever that means these days.

There has been a lot going on around here in the last few months, including a garden redesign, plenty of home decorating, Benjamin reaching milestone after milestone, and lots of crafting including quilting, cross stitch, full page scrapping, project life, felt food making, crochet, and sewing. Maybe I'll get around to sharing some of those things one day soon!

0 comments: