Friday, 20 November 2009
Underwater photos are so difficult to scrap - basically there is blue, blue and some more blue lol! The idea for this page started off with the cute Cosmo Cricket Snorkel range, and when I saw this banner I knew it had to be my title! I also used Bazzill Kraft & Swiss Dots, Prima flowers, Hambly overlay, Scrap 'Em journalling spot, October Afternoon tag & My Minds Eye mini alphabet.
Thursday, 19 November 2009
This page and the one below go together really! The second page being documentation of the 'out-takes' lol! Only three of us are in the picture & you can just see our heads, but for some reason I just loved this photo and had to scrap it! I used Bazzill swiss dots cardstock, AC 'Blue Skies' papers & badge, October Afternoon journalling stickers and Prima gems.
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
I spent last weekend with this bunch of lovely ladies - the Sarah's Cards gang - in a barn in the middle of nowhere! It was a fantastic couple of days, despite me having a nasty cold, so thank you girls for the laughs & the inspiration. A couple of weekends ago I had another scrappy weekend away with my lush girlies so I have lots of layouts to share over the coming few days :)
Thursday, 5 November 2009
Here are five things I am loving right now:
1) Log fires. There is nothing quite like it! Trudging outside to the log shed at the bottom of the garden and lugging a big basket full of logs back into the house; lighting up and watching the flames dance; the homely smell and cosy feel; the kittens snuggling up on a cushion in front of the stove - you can't beat that.
2) The iPhone. This little gadget has made my life simpler, easier, and more fun! At the touch of a button I can check the headlines, read my email, send a blog post, get my daily LOLcats fix, get directions, look up facts & figures, take photos, have a game of scrabble, or even make a phone call!
3) The troublesome two (aka Mungo, Daisy & sometimes Bret!). They get into all sorts of mischief, and have already successfully broken several items, but they are so darn cute that it is all forgotten in an instant. You never quite know what you'll find on opening the door in the morning, but it does make things all the more interesting around here! They have definately made our house a home.
4) Roast dinners. It's the perfect time of year for a big roast meal with all the trimmings, and I'd happily have one every week! Chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, pork, duck, pheasant... Cooking on the aga makes them all the more tasty and traditional (you've never really had roast potatoes if you've never had aga roasted potatoes!), and M enjoys cooking them too, which is a bonus!
5) Pjamas. I adore pjamas - the are the comfiest & cosiest of outfits, and they come in all sorts of pretty and fun materials. Combine them with some big fluffy slippers and a thick dressing gown or cosy throw and you have the perfect chillaxing attire. In my opinion, you can never have enough pjama days.
Tuesday, 3 November 2009
Shimelle's new class - Blogging for Scrapbookers - is up and running this week, and today (well, yesterday actually) is all about the pledge!
I'm not going to pressure myself - I know I won't get around to blogging everyday, or even every other day, but I would like to form some new habits. I would love to start sharing photos and projects soon after they take place, rather than 2 months later! I want to document events while they are fresh in my memory. Work, life and general procrastination tend to get in the way when it comes to blogging, yet really being busy should be what enriches the stories I have to tell - a busy life surely must have some interest to it!
Watch this space!