Sunday 19 October 2008

House hunting is hard!

Yup, it's stressful, emotional and difficult.
On Thursday evening we saw a house that made us smile when we walked through the front door - we were very excited about it and loved looking around. It had beautiful inglenook fireplaces, fab ceiling beams and original floorboards. We went back today to see it in daylight. Unfortunately we had our "sensible hats" on today and it became evident that there was just too much work to do, and a few obstacles that we could not overcome, like no parking, not even on the street. So we are back to square one. In the last few days we've been up and down.
Now I've found details for another house that I'm really excited about, but I get the feeling it might just be a rebound house! I hope not, because I am so excited about buying somewhere, but we'll see.

This week I'm on twighlights again, that means I start work at 1:30pm and finish at 9:30pm. The hours are very odd - in the mornings you feel like you've got the day off, then after lunch off you dash to look after 320 patients single handedly, then home, very late dinner and off to sleep! It is only a 4 day week though, because I get the Friday off yay! Plus it is almost payday again, which has come around very quick!

2 comments:

Claire said...

It sure is. Hope you find "the house" soon. It's worth taking the time to make sure it's right, and it's a buyer's market right now, so you call the shots.
Oh, and pay day *never* comes round too quickly!

Laura said...

hey hun, i hope you find our home soon. I know it's tough but the right one will just feel right AND tick all your boxes x