Our kitchen has a lot of open shelving, which makes storing practical yet ugly items a bit of a mission! A while ago I bought a whole load of these cute kilner jars from Ikea, and we keep everything in them - flour, sugar, pasta, rice etc etc. They look much prettier than packets, but that look was being totally ruined by the very practical sticky labels I'd attached to stop myself trying to make sauce with self-raising flour, or pouring caster sugar over my breakfast!
I've been saying I'll sort this out for ages & ages, and never actually managed to get around to it (typical me!) so yesterday I spent an hour pretty-ing up the jars finally. It took hardly any time at all - they are very simple, but how much better they look!
1 length of ribbon
1 kraft tag
1 sheet Bazzill swiss dots
1 length Dymo tape, black
You will also need a Dymo labeller, a heart punch, and a Cuttlebug + die or scallop circle punch
1. Take the kraft tag and punch a heart in the corner
2. Punch/die cut a scallop circle and attach to the side of the tag
3. Add Dymo labelling to the tag
4. Tie ribbon around the jar and attach the tag
5. Admire new pretty kitchen jars (and check out my new dotty tablecloth - £6.99/m at Dunhelm Mill, bargain!)