Sunday 17 May 2009

In appreication of cupcakes

Mmm, cupcakes! Cupcake frosting has to be the tastiest invention ever. These were my birthday cupcakes - some lemon, some chocolate, yum yummy yum!



Our new sofa - we haven't got the feet on it yet because there were no pilot holes drilled into the bottom and so the delivery men weren't insured to fit them. Someone is coming round to do it this week. We could have quite easily have done it ourselves, but then again why should we, and there is a risk we might mess it up lol! Still, it is usable as it is, and is so very comfortable. We need a few more cushions I think, but this room is finally getting there yay!


I had a scrappy day yesterday with my sister Em, and made these layouts.
This one is a lovely photo of us girlies as our retreat in March - loads of texture in this layout with gorgeous bazzill swiss dots, scrumptious velvety doodlebug and fab glitter card - delish!

This is a layout that I have had sat around half finished for ages! All I had left to do was the sewing around the edge but I had lost my brown thread so I just have not got around to doing it! Finally replaced my thread, still don't know where the old one went, and got it done. We had bought little pink tiaras for the younger girls at our wedding, and Mum was joking in the morning that at least we had a back up in case something went wrong with mine lol!

Finally this is my layout for the 'Getting to know you' challenge over at the Scrapagogo clubhouse. ou had to use a colour scheme of yellow, orange and green and list 5 things about yourself. I chose 5 random facts: 1. I have a fear of peas 2. I once tried to learn ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics 3. I have never learnt how to ride a bike 4. I often get cravings for pears 5. I was Prince Charming in our Yr 6 play
My initial thought at using orange yellow and green was that it was a real challenge, but I used the fabby April GoGo kit as a starting point and I love the finished layout! The lace card is all raised up on foam pads and the orange overlay is so stunning!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

love you sofa, cant believe you managed so long without it, looks great, gorgeous layouts as well, enjoy your time off xx

Rachael Elliott said...

Fab LOs Jen and I love your sofa!!!

klmpink said...

Happy belated b'day Jen!! Those cupcakes look fab are they homemade?

Loving the new sofa on first look I thought the picture was the catalogue picture and not your actual living room!!! Lovely!!!

Stevan Collins said...

yea indeed your sofa looks awesome!!

hope you have mike are having a great time!