Monday 16 February 2009

Craft Room

So the Scrapagogo girls are talking about scrapping spaces and I thought I would share mine :)
I use the second bedroom in our rented house, which is a wierd shape and therefore not really sioted to being used as a bedroom lol! It also doubles up as the dressing room and general junk room. I use one wall across the back for my scrapping stuff, although it has been spreading lately lol! My tools are glues are in the blue basket and toothbrush holders on my desk. On the left I have the TV and DVD player, my Cricut and iPod, cardmaking stuff and right down the bottom are albums. In the shelves under the desk are photos, blank mini-albums, rub-ons (I need another basket for these like my alphabets!) and stickers (ditto!), and recent kits sit by my knees.


I like to be organised, and I like everything labelled and in it's place! These drawers from Ikea have been covered on the front with some colourful patterned papers, and the drawers hold a variety of embellishments and goodies. When we move I plan to get more of these drawers, I'd like a whole wall of them really!! On top are some other boxes containing things that wouldn't fit in the drawers.


All my flat alphabet packsd are stored in a basket on my desk - easy to get to and flick through, I love having them to hand.

On the top of the big unit on the right of my desk is a mini-easel where I store latest layouts, along with my Primas and a whole bunch of magazines and books.


Some more shelves - these hold chipboard and inks mainly. The two boxes on top of here hold any themed bits and pieces I have for Christmas and for weddings. The white basket holds journalling cards, and the magazine file (also from Ikea, with the front cut off!) holds die cuts and a few bits that don't fit anywhere else!



This is my paper and card storage. I have it in a big RUB box, with normal foolscap file folders in it. The lid is deep so it fits 12x12 perfectly when closed, and when open I can get to the papers to flick through them easily. In this one I have more recent papers, some slightly older kits and "special" Bazzil like scalloped edges, bling and swiss dots.



I sort my papers by manufacturer, unless it came in a kit in which case it stays in the kit until a few months later when it gets dispersed amoungst the rest of my stash!



I have only recently changed my ribbon storage from all thrown in together in a big box, to clipped up on a hanger! I love nit like this - firstly it looks so pretty, secondly it is easy to look through, thirdly it is easy to find the end and no tangles and fourthly, once it is there I don't need to unclip it to get what I want.


Did I mention it looks pretty!


Lastly I have a lovely cupcake hodler from B&Q sat on my desk - this was meant to hold my latest purchases so that they were visible and accessible, but at the moment it holds useful tools and my cuttlebug folders. This will change when we move - I want it to hold all my new pretties!

So thats it, I ahve just got it how I like it and now we are moving in a few weeks time lol! Ah well, I do like sorting, arranging and tidying so I'll be happy to make myself a new space.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous room Jen xx

Laura said...

This is stunning Jen! I love it x

Tontodollydog said...

Sorry for being nosey - I popped over from UKS - I love looking through people's craft rooms. I hope you don't mind . What a great room you have x

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new scraproom when you move! Can I come help unpack it all and nose! haha xx

Steve & Joyce Rodli said...

Your ribbons all together remind me of rag rugs. happy happies. Joyce